How to help with the development?
Any help with the following tasks is greatly appreciated (these issues
are sorted by their importance, first is the most important):
- Help FOP development team with the development :-). Or find another open-source cost-free
implementation of XSL-FO standard.
- Check if there is partial FO rendering possibility. Suppose you have
source XML and a FO output ready. We provide the list of
changed (or inserted) nodes in source XML, and the result must be a list
of changed nodes (items, whatever) in FO output. We are using
FOP as XSL-FO processor however we may switch to another if there is one.
- Investigate the possibility if some open-source XSLT processor is able to
perform partial XML transforming only. Suppose you have source XML, XSLT
script and a transformed result XML. We provide the list of
changed (or inserted) nodes in source XML, and the task is to compute a list
of changed nodes in result XML.
- Currently, EuroMath2 is capable of rendering MathML, but only as one image (GENE
is able to transform MathML using JEuclid to Image, which is rendered by an Image renderer).
This approach disallows backwards element identification. Hence, MathML renderer should be
implemented, to render MathML into a tree of IFigures, and a MathML editor should be
developed to allow WYSIWYG MathML modification (see the description of EuroMath2
- Modify the Norman Walsh's DocBook XSLT scripts to make them able to be
integrated into EuroMath - they must be capable of transferring
gene-ref processing instruction.
- Investigate the possibility if some open-source XSLT processor (such as
Xalan) can be modified somehow, so that there would be no need for
gene:id attribute (automatize the ID tracking system).
- Implement, steal, whatever the XHTML renderer (currently there is a stylesheet present in
EuroMath2 able to transform XHTML to FO, but it ignores CSS).